Northwest 50 Plus Current Editions
Home & Garden
A tree nearby puts on a blinding show of fall color. Seeing that bright scarlet tower against a bright blue sky on a sunny day is breathtaking. I think it’s a sunset maple. For nearly two decades, whenever I pass it, I gasp in awe at this amazing tree’s regal raiment. Read more
Health & Wellness
When Jo Ann Jenkins, AARP CEO and author of Disrupt Aging, received "over the hill" cards and sentiments on her 50th birthday, she realized she wanted to challenge outdated beliefs about aging and encourage others to celebrate aging well.
Jenkins’ book explores living fully at stage, and encourages retirees and soon to be retirees to embrace the following ideas supporting living well as an “Active Adult.” Read more
Thanks to technology, doctors are once again making house calls.
That’s what Steven Kassakian considers the virtual visits that have become the norm thanks to the Corona Virus. Kassakian is chief health information officer and physician at Oregon Health Sciences University. He says home visits via telemedicine brings back some of yesteryear’s benefits of home visits. For instance, the doctor gets to see the patient’s home, can interact with family members, and have a focused conversation regarding the patient’s concerns. Read more
Want to burn more calories and build more muscle as you walk? Read more
As states around the country open up after months of prolonged isolation due to COVID-19, th… Read more
Coronavirus news updates from the CDC and our partner news organizations
- COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Toolkit for Essential Workers: Getting Started
- COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Toolkit for Community-Based Organizations: Getting Started
- CDC Strategy for Global Response to COVID-19 (2020-2023)
- Polk County records 234 new cases, one death last week
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States
- COVID-19 Rapid Assessment of Point of Entry Capacity (RAPC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs in Correctional and Detention Centers
- Contact Tracing
- K-12 Schools COVID-19 Mitigation Toolkit
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
News and Information From Our Community Partners
We feature news and information from social media feeds from our community partners. Interested in having your social media account added to this feed? Click the link below.