Loneliness has been called "the new smoking" because the physical effect it has can be equivalent to the damage from smoking 15 cigarettes a day. We've long known that volunteering--involvement in a cause or community--helps combat depression. If you have recently relocated or retired, the s…
There is a 50-square-mile radius in Yellowstone National Park that has been dubbed the “Zone of Death” by Michigan State law professor Brian Kalt.
Snippets from the news may brighten, or crash, your day. I will give you two of each, starting with both of the bad news bites.
“Teeming with bacteria.” We hear this phrase a lot, and we know it's true. Bacteria are almost everywhere, and to believe my gramma and the Internet, they lie 84 deep besides.
Blogs are provided as a community platform for Northwest50Plus contributers. All opinions and information provided by authors are not endorsed by Northwest50Plus.
- You’ll be amazed at the changes to this Silverton thrift store staple
- Island earth radio provides a musical trip through nature
- Northwest Destinations: Santiam Pass Ski Lodge
- Jim Cline survived a heart attack, and now lives life to the fullest
- A love for books
- New year means second chance to make changes for Medicare
- No-judgment book recommendations from your personal librarians
- Diggin' It: Bright books in a cold winter
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.